Tuesday 5 July 2016

Is STFU set to become next military power?

On the 3rd July at 07:42, Bob Diamond took the name 'The Unfettered' hostage by forming STFU. A ransom note was reportedly sent to Agalloch of TUF saying 'I am holding the name 'The Unfettered' hostage'. As yet, it is not known if any demands will be made for the release of the name but sources close to the telegraph indicate that a ransom payment of 1 Trillion gold is being considered.

Not content to simply hold onto the name quietly, Bob then proceeded to declare war on SIN, TUF, MEH and YARR! in the space of 10 minutes. Since the war declaration, MEH's members have fled leaving the alliance empty.

STFU's next target was WILD and when asked why he chose WILD, Bob Diamond replied 'He took my axe and used it as a toothpick! What else was I supposed to do?'.

STFU was then relatively quiet for around 24 hours until, at 00:17 on the 5th of July, Bob began declaring war on alliances again. In just 31 minutes, Bob declared on nCrow, SHAD, mCrow, ITG, Dlord, DKS and RE, mostly for saying cow puns in GC thought the RE declaration is though to be due to their involvement in the wars TUF is currently in.
During this spate of declarations, STFU's membership doubled which shows that many feel allied with Bob's cause.
A peace was negotiated between STFU and nCrow by Rill after she threatened to totally destroy Bob in GC. This appears to be a white peace though neither alliance has yet confirmed or denied this.

However, shortly after the peace was negotiated, TFs declared war on STFU. This was the first war declaration on STFU declared by another alliance.

Bob then declared war on GATE, M-X, X_C and ACHE. Soon after the war declaration on M-X, Bob appeared in GC and announced that the declaration on M-X was a mistake and he offered peace to M-X.

India joined TFs in declaring on STFU at 20:30. Dakota, one of this newspaper's editors, is leader of India.

In total, STFU has been at war with 19 alliances.

So far, there have been no sieges though Bob has sent a large army to attack Lone Wolf of mCrow. Artefore did send an army to Bob's town of Ponzi Scheme but recalled it almost immediately after sending. Bob has also been thieved twice.

Judging by STFU's aggression, high growth and ambition, it seems like they could be on their way to becoming Illyriad's top military alliance, a spot currently held by SIN after the Second Newlands War. It will be interesting to see how STFU expands and whether they move in the Broken Lands.

Author: Eowan The Short


13 comments:

  1. I'm more than a little drugged up (hospital, not recreational), but it seems like Eowan/Bob Diamond needs to narrow his field of interest. Being taken seriously as an investment fund manager is fine. Being taken seriously as a (hopefully) reasonably impartial journalist is fine too, though hopefully the journalist won't tout the investment fund. Labeling your alt as a ponzi scheme operator and declaring war on all and sundry is something I was personally amused by. Taking said alt out of the joke alliance andd putting it into a real alliance when you know you have incoming and encouraging them (Wild) and others (at least one crow alliance) to defend against an attack makes it a bit uncomfortable. Encouraging your main accounts trade alliance and partners to defend the joke account too is extremely questionable. The allegedly independent fund manager and journalist is now involved in and provoking further conflict between pro and anti land-claimers, which as a result looks suspiciously like it was his intention all along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowan The Short8 July 2016 at 04:43

      Honestly, I do nothing with any kind of intention like that. I put my account in wild because Willd Elff offered me a place and I wanted to show that all the declarations were a joke as I had declared on WILD. The defences from alliances other than RoFC were sent to me without me asking (I actually asked for reinforcements not to be sent to my town at first). I take full responsibility for all RoFC involvement.
      The troops will be only used to protect my town from an inbound attack whilst SIN draw up the terms of my surrender.
      I don't really have the attention span to have a grand scheme- I was planning to make an Illyriad Radio station but got bored with that so stopped.

      Delete
  2. [08 Jul 01:13] you know what, I am sick and tired of SIN pushing people around. It is time to take a stand
    [08 Jul 01:14] Send reinforcements to Bob Diamond's town of Ponzi scheme if you want to show SIN that we are not weak, that we are not some tiny players to be pushed around and do what they say
    [08 Jul 01:14] I have reinforcements from WILD and nCrow on their way to that town
    [08 Jul 01:15] I also have troops from this account helping out
    [08 Jul 01:16] A SIN attack lands in 5 days time. Lets show them what we are made of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowan The Short9 July 2016 at 09:38

      Yes, I said that, so what? The troops are all being used in a defensive capacity to protect against an attack from Bulani. I have decided that whilst I have surrendered, I am not going to let SIN attack me and receive no resistance. I will not go on the offensive, I will just protect my town.
      Also, a spy? really? Wow, I hadn't realised how low you were willing to sink. I could sort of understand with TUF as you were on the verge of war with them but ,as far as I know, you and I have never had any kind of major falling out.
      BTW, thanks for posting this, if SIN decide that they want retribution for RoFC reinforcing Bob Diamond, it will help shift the responsibility onto me and away from them. You posting it just adds extra plausibility.

      Delete
  3. Having stuff forward to me does not make me a spy. Your logic is in danger of going down to TUF's level Eowan.
    Without wishing to put words in SIN's mouth, here's how their logic is likely to work. Bob is a war runner and anyone who aids or abets him including through misplaced defending will by default become an enemy too. That is what you are risking with your little game (which I liked) gone wrong.
    Joke/troll accounts should (imo) be abandoned after the joke, not defended

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Eowan The Short9 July 2016 at 15:48

      I am not going to abandon this account until the problems caused by it are resolved. That is the way I do things. I try to be as open as possible and do the right thing after I have screwed up.

      Delete
    3. Your logic is in danger of going down to TUF's level Eowan.
      and what exactly is that level?
      quit trying to make an untruth a truth by saying it enough times bitch!!

      Delete
  4. You didn't screw up. It was a fine joke and most of us got it. There's always one that doesn't (nothing personal Demdigs)
    However, the serious problem is potential bad feeling after the joke ends and that will be caused by people losing troops (wouldn't matter to me, I lose them all the time).
    I humbly suggest (again) that Bob is retired before alliances take sides attacking or defending him.
    I'm very relaxed about paying off whatever compensation anyone demands from your main. I believe alts should be allowed to be 2 characters as long as they play as 2 different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eowan The Short9 July 2016 at 17:47

      Bob will be abandoned as part of the surrender.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Eowan The Short10 July 2016 at 06:52

      Just to clarify, the troops from nCrow are from a single account.

      Delete
  5. Noone should come to terms with the scumbugs over in SIN

    http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tuna-surrenders-to-peacemongerssin_topic6852.html

    I paid for terms back in april for myself and my alliance yet my alliance was attacked and now they call it a rogue operation .. smh

    ReplyDelete