Wednesday 27 July 2016

Rumours Over Illyriad Bonds




There have been rumours recently that Milliardo Peacecraft, the player who runs Illyriad Bonds, has been failing to repay investors. It is not yet clear how many players have been affected by this. Please IGM me if you have invested in Illyriad Bonds and not received your gold back.

An anonymous source suggested that the investment scheme may have been a scam used to buy prestige for use in SIN's current war, saying the following:'my suspicions are that its very handy way of paying for [prestige] scrolls isnt it.' .I cannot disclose more without risking their identity.

I will do an update when I get a response from Milliardo or if more players step forward to confirm that Illyriad Bonds is a scheme.

UPDATE:
SIN leader Jejune sent me an IGM soon after I posted this. He denied the allegations that Illyriad Bonds were used to buy prestige, claiming 'this is slander against SIN'. However, all I have done is report what my source has said which is not slanderous.

Fiona, a GATE/SIN player, posted this response on the forums:
      ' Milliardo went inactive 18 days ago. After taking a few peoples gold for bonds, (including mine). He did this on his own without help from SIN/GATE. We have not heard anything from him. Neither alliance has access to his account. He was never asked to do his bonds. It was a complete solo project on his part. I have proof of his inactivity. (He has been booted from GATE).

        The rumors that have been thrown around are pure speculation on some peoples part. They are trying to start a propaganda campaign against SIN. 

        I have always been an honorable person. So I find it insulting that we would be accused of scamming Illy. That has never, nor will it ever happen. '

I would like to say that I was not accusing Fiona of scamming, I was accusing Milliardo as he was the one who set up Illyriad Bonds. Milliardo being inactive, that does change things. I would also like to apologise to SIN as, if he was just inactive, then he can't have been using the gold to buy prestige. As for the fact that this is propaganda against SIN, I am open about my bias towards TUF but will never post something I know to be incorrect.

I have also received confirmation from Jejune that Milliardo is inactive in the form of a screenshot



Fiona confirmed that Milliardo's towns may be used as reparations by those who have lost gold, saying:  'His investors are free to exact any reparations they wish out on Millardos cities, we will have no part of it.'

I would ask anyone else who creates an investment system to appoint a sitter to prevent things like this from happening. I have a sitter to allow for the RIF to be sorted out if I leave suddenly.


Author: Eowan The Short



2 comments:

  1. well shit Eowan if you are biased towards TUF use the RIF for some prestige for us bro quit slacking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking something unexpected came up that didn't allow him to set a sitter. Hopefully nothing too bad. I think if he reaches an alliance farming level of inactivity they could offer to pay off bonds with the proceeds, there may be many bondholders who are far away or lack the ability to attack. Yall screenshot your trade notifications on it.

    ReplyDelete