Saturday 4 February 2017

Terraform Pricing

EDIT: This article was refreshed in December 2021. To see more recent data, go here: https://illyriadtelegraph.blogspot.com/2021/12/terraform-pricing.html

After seeing someone attempting to sell a 'prospect' terraform for 30 million, stating 35 million was average, I decided to look about to see if it was anywhere close to the truth. I spent the morning searching for terraformers, and I believe I have come up with a decent representation of them. Now please note I do not assume to know all terraformers and their prices, and if anyone has something different than here, I would be more than happy to hear it.

I decided to cut this up into three distinct category's, 'custom' 'prospect' and 'alliance'. Custom terraforms are those that take the request of the buyer into consideration before selling. Prospect terraforms are the ones that dont consider a buyer, simply making an account, and tenaril the original town a week later. Finally we have alliance terraforms, these are purely 'in-house' matters, and wont be accessable to outsiders. otherwise they follow the rules of custom terras.

Please note that this is the information I got off sellers for their base prices, if you try asking for something 'rushed' it will likely go higher...

Unsurprisingly, the price for a custom terraform averaged at 30.9 million, with 35 million being both the highest and most frequent (60%), with 20 mil being the lowest.

The 'prospect' terraforms fared much better, at 18.5 million average, 20 million being the highest and most frequent (80%), with 10 being the lowest.

Finally the 'alliance' terraforms, at a 4.4 million average it is by far the cheapest, the most frequent number here was 0 (66%), with 20 million as the high.

If anyone would like me to place the numbers down at the bottom here, I would be happy to do so.

4 comments:

  1. This is Lord Stanley. As a disclaimer, I am one of the people Dakota interviewed for her story. Terraforming is a very valuable tool. Currently it is very much in demand and I think that demand will increase. I think the influx of new players, if they stay in significant volume, will put more pressure on people to create new "good" spots rather than being able to find them. Whether that demand result in a price increase is speculation, but IMO, makes sense. It is interesting to see the price spread. Thanks for the info Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What we might do is do a monthly survey for terraform pricing and publish the results here. I agree that the spread in pricing is interesting and is likely either due to a shift in demand or due to imperfect information around the price of terraforms

      Delete
  2. I used to do them for 35 million all the time. I would do them for 20 million in alliance. I had several people that wanted to buy in bulk and I dropped my price for them and then just left it there. So now I do out of alliance for 20 million and in alliance for 10 million. I was also one of the people that Dakota asked questions of for the article.
    -Jabob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done a custom terraform for 40 million. Some clients are willing to pay a bit more to work with terraformers who have a good track record.

    ReplyDelete